I wanted to take time this month to share one of my favorite casual dining places to go when I am determined to ruin my caloric intake for the year. Slater’s 50/50 is a restaurant that specialized in the 50/50 burger. By 50/50 they are referring to the burger patty being 50% beef and 50% bacon! I don’t freak out for bacon, but I can definitely appreciate something like that. In addition to their amazing build-your-own gigantic burgers, they also have Continue Reading »
One of the most important components of a great vacation is where you plan to stay. Will it be a motel, hotel, a friend or families home? Luckily for me, I work for Camden. Among the many employee benefits they offer is a dedicated guest suite. Located within a Camden property, there are over 15 different cities to choose from throughout the country, making it very convenient and affordable to travel. Continue Reading »
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Diego, Southeast Florida | Tagged apartment, best place to work, Camden Apartments, Camden communities, Camden Living, camden town square, Disney World, donald duck, employee benefits, fireworks, florida resident, FORTUNE top 100, goofy, hollywod studios, magic kingdom, mickey mouse, Minnie Mouse, nemo, orlando, parade, pictures, roller coaster, Star Wars, summer vacation, theme parks, Vacation, vacation pictures, Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney World | Leave a Comment »
Scavenger hunts are the classic game of searching for an item to receive a prize. Who would have thought that adults would love a scavenger hunt? At Camden Fairfax Corner, our Assistant Manager, Samuel, came up with the idea to hide 55 yellow rubber ducks around the community for our current and future residents to find. After a duck is found and brought to the office, a prize is given out. You may choose to use yellow rubber ducks for your scavenger hunt, or maybe another small plastic toy.
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area | Tagged apartment, apartments, best place to work, blog, Camden, Camden Apartments, camden fairfax corner, Camden Living, Camden Property Trust, Camdenliving.com, community, facebook, family, fun, home, job, living excellence, mycamden.com, resident, residents, scavenger hunt, spring, summer, yellow rubber duck | Leave a Comment »
Spring is upon us! A season filled with wonderful temperatures, great weather, happy spirits and much time and ability to do those things Winter would not/could not allow.
This would be the ideal time for a Bucket List!
1. Visit a Farmers Market! With the weather changing, the area farmers are showcasing and selling their best fruit and vegetables. Take a stroll in an outdoor Farmers Market, whether you live in the city or the country. You are guaranteed to overwhelm the senses and walk away with some healthy, homegrown treats.
2. Fly a Kite! I bet the last time you flew a kite was when you were a child. Why stop there? Get back out there and enjoy the freedom of flying a kite. Not only is this a fun activity, hence the reason we loved to do it as children, but there is nothing more freeing than watching a weightless kite soar through the skies being controlled only by the wind and a string.
3. Hand wash your car! During the Winter washing cars is NOT an option. No one wants to go outside, let alone come close to water. With the temperatures rising, why not show your sweet chariot some love? Get the bubbles, hoses and handheld vacuums out and take care of your humble steed!
4. Clean, Clean, Clean! Ever heard of the phrase “Spring Cleaning”? Because we basically “hibernate” during the Winter, just like bears, when it is finally nice and warm outside, we usually feel the urge to clean and sort of “restart” our year…. Tear apart your home, re-decorate, paint walls – Spring is the time to do it!
5. Fill a Sketchbook! Art can be such a relaxing and enjoyable way to pass the time. Now that the weather is looking up, sitting in a park, laying at a swimming pool or lounging on a rooftop pool deck while sketching can serve as a form of therapy. With great colors to work with and loads of inspiration all around you, give this a try. I promise you will come out of it feeling peaceful and relaxed, not to mention the channeling of creativity you will be doing.
6. Tour a Botanical Garden! Spring time brings the blooming of flowers. Everyone is waking from the Winter slumber, not just you. The roses, cherry blossoms, tulips and many many more are making their way back into the world, ready to make our surrounding areas a much brighter and more colorful place. I cant think of a much better place to explore these colors than a Botanical Garden. Not something we do on a regular basis, I would definitely suggest it.
The Spring opens up the door to a new, warm season. The drab of Winter has departed and fills us with a new hope and desire to mix and mingle. There is no better way to do that than opening the door to new possibilities. Enjoy this bucket list and hoping someone can find peace, tranquility and fun from it.
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
- Report non-residents: Sharks have been spotted when unauthorized visitors are found meandering around the pool. Sparkling pools have been known to attract unruly masses who have been notorious for violating all rules. Please remember, this is your pool – notify your leasing office immediately. (In this case, it’s best not to warn the violators about the sharks).
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS: No matter how careful you may be with your glass container, accidents happen. Nothing ruins a good time by the pool more than an injury caused by broken glass. Open wounds are the number one cause of shark attacks.
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area | Tagged apartment, Apartment community, apartment complex, bathing suit, beware, bull shark, Camden Blog, camden blogs, Camden Living, Camden Property Trust, glass containers, living excellence, nurse shark, pool, pool rules, pool shark, predator, shark, shark attack, shark attacks, shark skin, shark teeth, sober, splash, swamp monster, Swimming, swimming pool, swimsuit | Leave a Comment »
The 2014 Consumer Electronics Show took place at the beginning of January and the products that debuted, as per usual for the show, were groundbreaking. For years, CES has functioned as a platform where every major tech company imaginable can gather together and compete for audience attention with their newest and best gadgets. While that kind of competition may come off as unnecessary, or even childish, what it truly means is witnessing some truly awesome innovation! With each year that passes, the show becomes bigger and the technology becomes better. And, as always, one major area that reigned supreme was residential products.
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area | Leave a Comment »
It’s time for April showers (and hail, wind, thunder, lightning, severe weather and tornado warnings, oh my!). Living my entire life on either the Gulf Coast or North/Central Texas has turned me into a severe weather junkie! Don’t tell my kids or my parents, but I admit that I have even chased storms in my younger, more reckless days. During my junior year at Baylor University, Waco experienced an epic hail storm on April 28, 1992.
In fact, it is ranked as the 3rd most damaging hail storm in the nation and the 8th costliest Texas weather event according to the Insurance Council of Texas. At the time the storm hit, I was rollerblading with some friends on the newly constructed parking garage on campus, with no storm shelters in sight. We were fascinated with the wild colors in the clouds and we wanted to watch the storm from the top floor of the garage. Suddenly we were assaulted by hail up to 4 inches in diameter and wind gusts up to 100 mph! We were able to take cover in a stairwell just in time! The storm left a trail of devastation all over our beautiful campus and after hearing stories from my friends and neighbors, I realized that we were completely unprepared for severe weather situations. Several of my friends ended up with broken arms after they shielded their heads with their arms. A neighbor had to be treated for injuries sustained when the window he was looking out of shattered from the force of the storm. The storm caused us to be without power for a couple of days and we were not prepared with emergency supplies. I know plenty of people who were resigned to live in storm shelters during the spring months for the rest of their lives! Preparing for severe weather is a bit different when you live in an apartment or condo since your Camden Community Manager will probably frown upon you building storm shelters in your courtyard. Since the only predictable thing about spring weather is its unpredictability, how should you prepare yourself and your apartment home for inevitable severe storm? Here are a few simple tips to keep you and your family prepared: Continue Reading »
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area | Tagged Apartment Living, april showers, Camden, hail storm, hail storms, prepare, severe weather, spring weather, storm shelters, weather, weather warning | Leave a Comment »