Well, that’s not true. I don’t really hate football. I just wanted to get your attention. I actually really enjoy watching college football. I am a big USC football fan. And, no, it’s not just because I live in Southern California so I’m a default fan… And, yes, I am aware that people refer to USC as the University of Spoiled Children… I actually fell in love with their music program first because I was in marching band in high school and starting watching USC football games to listen to their amazing band… *nerd alert*
But if you’re still hatin’, all I have to say is all you other teams better WATCH OUT! Matt Barkley is back for one more season and 2011 had over 10 starting JUNIORS! Guess what? They are all coming back next season and we are coming back with a vengeance!! Go Trojans!
Anyway, I don’t really watch the NFL at all, and I am blessed to have a husband who doesn’t really watch football either. He was in drama in high school *nerd alert #2*
So, why do I love the Super Bowl? Because while most of the country is partying it up in someone’s home or at the local sports bar the rest of the local establishments are…empty…
In my experience, if you don’t want to watch “the game” but don’t want to sit at home watching the plethora of marathons that are offered instead, this is what you can do instead:
- Go to a Theme Park:
- I used to have a Disneyland annual pass and one of my favorite days to go was on Super bowl Sunday because it’s was pretty empty! I’ve also seen Universal Studios and Knott’s Berry Farm pretty clear, too.
- Go to a Non-Sports Restaurant
- Make sure there’s no TV in the bar, too, or you’re in for rowdy brunch/lunch.
- Avoid bars because most of them will have something set up to watch the game.
- Go to the Movies
- Who wants to go see a movie in a practically empty theater when you can watch a bunch of overpaid athletes throw tantrums on the field? Me….
- Go Bowling!
- This is great because when you walk in you’ll see rows of empty lanes! All regulars are too focused on “the game.”
Anyone else have any other suggestions??