As I was very miserably sitting at the DMV last week, I was thinking to myself, amongst the noise of screaming children, arguing adults, and women in wheelchairs running over other customer’s toes, just how nice it would be if the DMV offered more services online. In this day and age, it would make sense, wouldn’t it? You would be surprised, however, to find that ¾ of the services the DMV offers has to be done in an office, in person. And while I do not personally know of any sane individual that would rather spend their day off in a DMV office than on the Las Vegas Strip, there are a few individuals out there who like to make a day trip out of it (cough cough, grandma…). However, I digress. I am one of the many sane individuals who would rather not spend my day off in the DMV, therefore, more online services would be very beneficial for those who actually have lives.
Did you know Camden tries to find new ways, every day, to increase the conveniences in our resident’s lives? Just recently, Camden introduced online renewals – if you have an existing MyCamden.com account or if you haven’t signed up for one yet, you now have the opportunity to renew your lease online from your home computer! (Unless you love making a trip down to your front office to see your fantastical office staff!) Not to mention, it’s quicker than the process you normally would go through in the front office of your community.
1. Log into/create your account on mycamden.com.
2. If you’re due to renew, your Renewal Notice will be the first box at the top of your screen.
4. Choose your renewal offer (early bird pricing will reflect on the online process as well) and then click “Review Lease”.
5. Ensure the lease term information is correct (dates, rent price, etc.) and hit “I Accept” as you see below and then click “Sign the Lease”.
6. Sign the renewal lease documents. (This part is the easiest and most fun!) Off to the right of the screen, you will see anywhere between three to four tabs. Click on each of these tabs and check the box stating that you have read and agreed to the document. When you’re done checking the boxes, input your password one more time and hit the “Accept” button to finalize your lease.
7. You’re almost done! On the next screen, you will have the option to print a receipt of your new lease. Once you have done so, hit the “Done” button.
And you’re done! Looks easy, doesn’t it? But as always, if you ever have any questions, pay your Camden front office a visit and they’d be more than happy to walk you through and explain the process of the online renewal process. With that being said, keep an eye out for the new and improved ways Camden can better convenience your life! You never know what we’re going to come up with next!