What’s just around the corner and right after Thanksgiving??? Black Friday of course! This year Black Friday is Friday, November 29th, 2013. Almost all stores come out with Doorbuster Sales to attract consumers to their stores. People stand in line for hours waiting in anticipation for their bargain of the year. When I was researching information about Black Friday I came across a website called www.theblackfriday.com. This website has everything you need to know about Black Friday, where the deals are compared to other stores. What time the stores will be opened til. It also had good tips for shopping on Black Friday which I posted just below.
Tips for Black Friday Shopping
- Visit http://www.theblackfriday.com every day.
- Decide what you want in advance. You may NOT be able to cover all the stores and may not be able to get ALL the early bird Specials. So decide in advance what the most important item that you absolutely need is.
- Give preference to big ticket item as you will save more on those items. For example, if you are looking for a $1000 3D TV and $10 Bluetooth and both are at very good prices but are on two different stores. Savings on 3D TV may be in range of few hundred dollars while saving on Bluetooth may be in $10-$20 range.
- If possible have a group of people, but everyone going to a different store. Each person going to any store may buy item for everyone else in the group.
- Check Price Matching Policy of stores. Some stores offer price match so instead of standing in queue you may just walk in to a store with no or less queue and that offers price match. (And yes, make sure that they have item in stock). Price Matching is always a tricky situation. Some stores may be kind enough to honor their words while other may NOT be. Some employees and Managers are also reluctant to offer price match.
- Buy in advance and get price adjusted on Black Friday day. Again, some store may or may not adjust price. You may try return and re-purchase at Black Friday price on Black Friday. Again, some store may refuse to sale it back, stating that item has to go in first.
- Buy only what you need. Many stores are strict on re-stocking fee which may range from 5-15%.This usually applies to big ticket electronics & tech items.
- PARK SMART. Park in the parking lot of nearby other place where there is no sale. Walk to store. This way, you won’t get stuck in BIG queue of people coming in and out to the main store. – Get Dressed for winter especially if you are in East coast or North. You don’t want to catch cold or get Sick while bargain hunting. It will kill the deal
Below are some of the stores that participate in Black Friday. I know I will be heading to Barnes and Noble this Black Friday. Where will you be?? Make sure you plan in advanced and I hope you get your deal of the year!
Most Popular Black Friday 2013 Ad Scans to be Published
More Black Friday 2013 Ad Scans to be Published