So if you’ve lived in Northern San Diego for a while, you know you’ve heard of Pizza Port. Since moving to San Diego 12 years ago I had heard the name over and over and had even seen their signature beers all over the place. Only recently was I finally able to dine at Pizza Port and if definitely met expectations. My first expectation was that it would be crowded, so we showed up early. There was a small line when we got there, but by the time (more…)
Archive for the ‘Orange County/Long Beach’ Category
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area, tagged brunch, Camden Main and Jamboree, nautical theme, Summer party, Sundae bar, Sunday funday on August 21, 2014 | Leave a Comment »
It’s that time of year that makes us all shed a tear. Summer is coming to an end and we are all doing our summer parties. This year we decided to have a Sunday Funday Brunch by the pool for our community. What is Sunday Funday you ask? Well it’s brunch on Sunday with all of your closest friends. So we decided to invite the whole property to come down for some crapes, massages, and cocktails by the pool. Our turn out was amazing as it seems like people like to go out for Sunday Funday.
This summer has been a lot warmer than previous years and we had to take that into consideration for the Sunday funday event. We hosted the event by the pool and that made it really easy to do the nautical theme. We used sailboats, light houses, and life preservers for the inspiration for the nautical theme and it also served as our background for the event. No party is complete if you don’t include a photo booth area with our custom hash-tag so residents can look back at pictures of the party forever.
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area, tagged #backtoschool, #camdenlving, #DearSummer, #LivingExcellence, apartment, family, Friends, love, residents, summer on August 18, 2014 | 1 Comment »
This year has certainly flown by! Before we know it will be time to put on the scarves, hats and boots and decorate for the holidays! Here in Atlanta children have already returned to school! It’s sad but true—summer is almost officially over! “Yes the end is near!” (Please feel free to insert awkward chuckle) But don’t worry there are still some fun things to enjoy before it’s completely over. Here is a quick list on “How to to live the end of the summer to the max!”
Concerts- Many musical acts are touring around the country during the summer! Some are FREE which are always great to attend! Usually at nearby park location so don’t forget to bring your blanket and lawn chairs! Then there are concerts which may not be free but depending on how much you love that musical act—you may end paying a pretty penny! I had the pleasure of going to the On the Run Tour starring Beyonce and Jay Z and I had the time of my life! Summer was definitely made for concerts! Something in the summer air just makes you want to dance—but please dont’t break a hip! (more…)
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area, tagged Camden, Camden Living, cheap, Free, fun activities, kids, kids activities, summer, summer activities, summer fun on August 15, 2014 | 1 Comment »
Kids are out for summer and if your children are anything like mine the only thing you are hearing is; “I’m bored!” When they are in school they are ready for summer but when summer gets here they want to be entertained all day. Summer camps and day outings can get expensive if you are trying to entertain kids daily throughout the summer. To help cure the summer boredom blues, I have come up with some cheap fun activities to do throughout the days of summer vacation.
1. Water Play – When it’s hot outside there is nothing better than cooling off with some water activities. Swimming is always a great activity that will entertain your kids most of the day; however, there are other forms of water play as well. The good ole’ sprinkler system! Grab a water hose and a sprinkler and let them run through it and around it. My kids like to ride their bikes around it and get wet. Water guns are another great way to incorporate water into their activities. Allowing them to run around and squirt one another and objects helps the day go by in a fun way.
2. Movie Night – Redbox movies are $1 for a one night rental. Pick a family friendly movie and curl up together and have family movie night. Grab the blankets and lots of pillows for all to spread out and lounge around on. Pop some popcorn in the microwave and you have yourself a movie night!
3. Kids Free Day – During the summer months many of the local establishments will have free admittance for kids on set days of the week. Many of the local museums, zoos, amusement parks, movie theatres, etc. have designated days in which kids get in for free or at a discounted price. Decide which places you want to go and have an inexpensive day out with the kids. Your kids will love getting out and doing something fun and different and your pocket book will thank you as well.
4. Arts/Crafts Day – Every child beams when their art work is on display for all to see. Gathering some blank papers, with colors, markers, finger paints, etc is fun way to let kids express their creative side! Make an afternoon of arts and crafts and then tape the paintings and drawings around the house like an art display for all to see. Take a tour around the house and marvel at all of the creativity!
5. Library – Local libraries will have designated spots throughout the day that is for children time. Volunteers will come in and read several books to the children. Children love to read and hear stories. Taking them to the local library gets them out of the house and around other kids to hear story time. Once story time is over you can urge your child to pick out a couple of books to take home to enjoy.
6. Backyard Camp Out – One thing my boys love is our backyard campouts! They love to sleep under the stars and pull out the tents and sleeping bags. Pack a few small snacks and meals and make a night of storytelling and star watching! If you have access to a fire pit enjoy s’mores with your backyard camp out! Your kids will love it!
7. Volunteer Services – A great way to get your kids involved and impact them as well as your community is to volunteer. Children are never too young to start learning how to give back. Several service organizations are designed to help children and families. Boys and Girls clubs, St. Jude’s Hospital, and Ronald McDonald House all service children and families and are great organizations to get your kids involved in. Serving others and keeping them entertained throughout the day is a win for all!
Summer is a time for lots of fun activities! Energy levels are high and it seems like there is never enough to do to keep them entertained. Hopefully these ideas of low cost budget friendly ideas will help in curing the summer time boredom blues! Safe Summer activities to each of you and your home at www.camdenliving.com will be waiting for you when you return!
Posted in Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Phoenix Metro Area, San Diego, tagged apartment, apartments, autumn, Back to School, boots, breeze, buzzfeed, College, colors, cool air, Decor, dorm, fall, fall fashion, fashion, halloween, jeans, layers, leaves, list, notebooks, October, oragne, pens, plaid shirts, September, shapries, shopping, smile, supplies, target, windows on August 15, 2014 | Leave a Comment »
I am not a perpetual complainer, but I have to say that I am ready for summer to be over. Is it time for fall yet? I am ready for the hot hot heat to end, so that I can start enjoying the outdoors. I am that person-the one who stays inside all summer with the air conditioner blasting, and sporting the pale skin look. I don’t mind it, it’s just who I am. Now that we are in the month of August, I have to stop and get a little giddy about the fact that fall is just around the corner.
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area, tagged #LivingExcellence, college years, Friends, Girls Weekend, Lake Tahoe, sorority, summer, Vacation on August 12, 2014 | Leave a Comment »
What girl doesn’t look forward to their girls weekend? It’s a time to be completely yourself with your bestie’s, be silly, and catch up on life. I feel very fortunate that I have an opportunity every July to go on my girls weekend. In fact, for the last 20 years I have gone on my girls weekend with the same group of college friends. We all met in college and pledged our sorority together in 1986.
We spent our college years growing up together, surviving the break-ups, dreaming about our futures, and finding our true loves. We even worked in Lake Tahoe during the summers together, which was an incredible time and where some of us met our future husbands.
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area, tagged apartments, Camden, eRenterPlan, FAQ, lease, MyCamden, Online Rent Payment, Painting, pest control, pets, Renter's Insurance on August 12, 2014 | Leave a Comment »
Apartment shopping is so exciting, but with such a big decision to consider, sometimes the details can get lost in the mix. Details like – can I paint? Can I have pets? Or what if I get offered a great job 1,000 miles away…right in the middle of my lease?
That’s why we compiled this list of the most frequently asked questions we receive here at Camden. Now you can know the nitty-gritty details BEFORE you lease, and be sure to share them with any friends that might be apartment shopping, too.
Will I be able to pay rent online?
Yes! We offer Camden residents access to an online portal that allows online rent payments. Go check it out at www.MyCamden.com. It makes paying rent hassle free!
What if I have a maintenance emergency, are they available 24hrs?
Providing living excellence is our top priority. Our Maintenance team is on-call day and night for any emergencies. Plus, you can submit service requests online through www.MyCamden.com 24/7.
Will I be able to paint in my apartment?
Yes! We want you to make your new apartment your home and personalize it to your taste. At most Camden communities, we offer an accent wall program with many colors to choose from.
Will my apartment require Renter’s Insurance?
Yes, we want to make sure your personal belongings are protected. All Camden residents are automatically pre-approved for an eRenterPlan insurance policy. To learn more about eRenterPlan, just visit www.erenterplan.com or call (888) 205-8118.
Will I be able to bring my pets?
Yes, we love our four-legged residents! The majority of our communities allow cats and dogs. However, some communities have breed restrictions and weight limits, so please be sure to contact the Leasing Office to learn the policies at your desired community.
Will my apartment include Pest Control?
Absolutely! We provide preventative pest control at our communities. Should you discover a pest issue, you may contact your Leasing Office to schedule a service.
What if I need cancel my lease or if I would like to transfer to another Camden community?
No problem! Camden understands that change happens, and we want to make your transition as seamless as possible. We offer an accommodating transfer policy to all of our residents, and with 168 communities across the United States to choose from, you’re sure to find one that meets your needs. Most Camden communities require a 60 day written notice and up to two months’ rent as a cancellation fee; however fees may vary by community. You must also live in your current apartment for 90 days and give proper notice to transfer. All transfers must be approved by the Community Manager. Any additional questions can be answered by our staff; please visit your leasing office to discuss the transfer policy.
How long has Camden been in business?
We’ve been in business over 30 years! Camden was founded in 1982 by Ric Campo and Keith Oden, and we’ve been committed to being the best multifamily company in the industry ever since. Here’s our Brand Promise:
“Deliver exemplary levels of customer service and great management, which can only come from an organization that listens and understands the needs of each customer. Living excellence is our commitment to deliver excellence at every point of contact, to ensure that our customers see excellence everywhere they look.”
Today nearly 2,000 Camden employees work every day to uphold this promise to over 59,000 apartment homes nationwide.
Now our Camden FAQs have come to an end, but if you have any questions we didn’t cover, please give us a call so we can help you! A Camden leasing specialist is available 24/7 to answer your questions, set an appointment, provide you quotes, and much more! Simply call the community you are interested in to find your new apartment home. We can’t wait to serve you!