So if you’ve lived in Northern San Diego for a while, you know you’ve heard of Pizza Port. Since moving to San Diego 12 years ago I had heard the name over and over and had even seen their signature beers all over the place. Only recently was I finally able to dine at Pizza Port and if definitely met expectations. My first expectation was that it would be crowded, so we showed up early. There was a small line when we got there, but by the time Continue Reading »
It’s that time of year that makes us all shed a tear. Summer is coming to an end and we are all doing our summer parties. This year we decided to have a Sunday Funday Brunch by the pool for our community. What is Sunday Funday you ask? Well it’s brunch on Sunday with all of your closest friends. So we decided to invite the whole property to come down for some crapes, massages, and cocktails by the pool. Our turn out was amazing as it seems like people like to go out for Sunday Funday.
This summer has been a lot warmer than previous years and we had to take that into consideration for the Sunday funday event. We hosted the event by the pool and that made it really easy to do the nautical theme. We used sailboats, light houses, and life preservers for the inspiration for the nautical theme and it also served as our background for the event. No party is complete if you don’t include a photo booth area with our custom hash-tag so residents can look back at pictures of the party forever.
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area | Tagged brunch, Camden Main and Jamboree, nautical theme, Summer party, Sundae bar, Sunday funday | Leave a Comment »
This year has certainly flown by! Before we know it will be time to put on the scarves, hats and boots and decorate for the holidays! Here in Atlanta children have already returned to school! It’s sad but true—summer is almost officially over! “Yes the end is near!” (Please feel free to insert awkward chuckle) But don’t worry there are still some fun things to enjoy before it’s completely over. Here is a quick list on “How to to live the end of the summer to the max!”
Concerts- Many musical acts are touring around the country during the summer! Some are FREE which are always great to attend! Usually at nearby park location so don’t forget to bring your blanket and lawn chairs! Then there are concerts which may not be free but depending on how much you love that musical act—you may end paying a pretty penny! I had the pleasure of going to the On the Run Tour starring Beyonce and Jay Z and I had the time of my life! Summer was definitely made for concerts! Something in the summer air just makes you want to dance—but please dont’t break a hip! Continue Reading »
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area | Tagged #backtoschool, #camdenlving, #DearSummer, #LivingExcellence, apartment, family, Friends, love, residents, summer | 1 Comment »
Kids are out for summer and if your children are anything like mine the only thing you are hearing is; “I’m bored!” When they are in school they are ready for summer but when summer gets here they want to be entertained all day. Summer camps and day outings can get expensive if you are trying to entertain kids daily throughout the summer. To help cure the summer boredom blues, I have come up with some cheap fun activities to do throughout the days of summer vacation.
1. Water Play – When it’s hot outside there is nothing better than cooling off with some water activities. Swimming is always a great activity that will entertain your kids most of the day; however, there are other forms of water play as well. The good ole’ sprinkler system! Grab a water hose and a sprinkler and let them run through it and around it. My kids like to ride their bikes around it and get wet. Water guns are another great way to incorporate water into their activities. Allowing them to run around and squirt one another and objects helps the day go by in a fun way.
2. Movie Night – Redbox movies are $1 for a one night rental. Pick a family friendly movie and curl up together and have family movie night. Grab the blankets and lots of pillows for all to spread out and lounge around on. Pop some popcorn in the microwave and you have yourself a movie night!
3. Kids Free Day – During the summer months many of the local establishments will have free admittance for kids on set days of the week. Many of the local museums, zoos, amusement parks, movie theatres, etc. have designated days in which kids get in for free or at a discounted price. Decide which places you want to go and have an inexpensive day out with the kids. Your kids will love getting out and doing something fun and different and your pocket book will thank you as well.
4. Arts/Crafts Day – Every child beams when their art work is on display for all to see. Gathering some blank papers, with colors, markers, finger paints, etc is fun way to let kids express their creative side! Make an afternoon of arts and crafts and then tape the paintings and drawings around the house like an art display for all to see. Take a tour around the house and marvel at all of the creativity!
5. Library – Local libraries will have designated spots throughout the day that is for children time. Volunteers will come in and read several books to the children. Children love to read and hear stories. Taking them to the local library gets them out of the house and around other kids to hear story time. Once story time is over you can urge your child to pick out a couple of books to take home to enjoy.
6. Backyard Camp Out – One thing my boys love is our backyard campouts! They love to sleep under the stars and pull out the tents and sleeping bags. Pack a few small snacks and meals and make a night of storytelling and star watching! If you have access to a fire pit enjoy s’mores with your backyard camp out! Your kids will love it!
7. Volunteer Services – A great way to get your kids involved and impact them as well as your community is to volunteer. Children are never too young to start learning how to give back. Several service organizations are designed to help children and families. Boys and Girls clubs, St. Jude’s Hospital, and Ronald McDonald House all service children and families and are great organizations to get your kids involved in. Serving others and keeping them entertained throughout the day is a win for all!
Summer is a time for lots of fun activities! Energy levels are high and it seems like there is never enough to do to keep them entertained. Hopefully these ideas of low cost budget friendly ideas will help in curing the summer time boredom blues! Safe Summer activities to each of you and your home at www.camdenliving.com will be waiting for you when you return!
Posted in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Orlando, Phoenix Metro Area, Raleigh/Triangle Area, San Antonio, San Diego, Southeast Florida, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Area | Tagged Camden, Camden Living, cheap, Free, fun activities, kids, kids activities, summer, summer activities, summer fun | 1 Comment »
You only have to talk to me for about 5 minutes before you will find out that I am passionately in love with all three of my children – my two beautiful daughters and my adorable fur “son”, Dingo.
I didn’t have dogs growing up, so I had no Continue Reading »
I am not a perpetual complainer, but I have to say that I am ready for summer to be over. Is it time for fall yet? I am ready for the hot hot heat to end, so that I can start enjoying the outdoors. I am that person-the one who stays inside all summer with the air conditioner blasting, and sporting the pale skin look. I don’t mind it, it’s just who I am. Now that we are in the month of August, I have to stop and get a little giddy about the fact that fall is just around the corner.
Posted in Austin, Charlotte, Corpus Christi, Dallas, DC Metro, Houston, Las Vegas, Orange County/Long Beach, Phoenix Metro Area, San Diego | Tagged apartment, apartments, autumn, Back to School, boots, breeze, buzzfeed, College, colors, cool air, Decor, dorm, fall, fall fashion, fashion, halloween, jeans, layers, leaves, list, notebooks, October, oragne, pens, plaid shirts, September, shapries, shopping, smile, supplies, target, windows | Leave a Comment »
1.) Always rinse your sink with hot water and soap after washing dishes and utensils, especially after handling raw meats. Remember it is a garbage disposal not an actual trash can. Potato peels and large food products should not be placed in it.
2.) Frequently clean your disposal. Besides hot water and soap, occasionally place a few ice cubes in the disposal turn it on. The ice chunks and chips actually remove that hard to reach food build up. Some people even freeze vinegar and rock salt for extra cleaning power.
3.) After recently visiting a friend’s apartment I noticed a dingy smell in his kitchen. He responded, “Oh I think it is coming from the garbage disposal.” Has this happened to you? There is a natural remedy for this and most of us already have the ingredients in our kitchens, citrus peels. I prefer lemon and oranges peels but others choose to use grapefruit and limes. Throw a couple of peels down there, turn it on and run a little bit of water!
4.) Our pest control representative recommended putting some bleach down the drain and then letting it sit for a few minutes before flushing. Here at Camden we like to keep it green so I searched to find an alternative. I found that many people actually use vinegar and baking soda (2 to 1 respectively). Let it sit for up to 10 minutes and then rinse with hot water. This volcano like mixture foams up cleaning and deodorizing the disposal! Bleach can kill good bacteria in your septic tank so try to avoid that if at all possible!
Just remember to always run your disposal and water at the same time. Do not use your disposal as a garbage can and always try to find a natural remedy instead of using harsh chemicals!